ASMS 2017 Workshop
Galaxy-P in the Cloud: Proteomic Informatics on Jetstream
Wednesday, June 07, 2017 (5:45 - 7:00 PM, Room 135-136)
Instructors: Tim Griffin, Pratik Jagtap, and Jeremy Fischer
- Accessing Galaxy instance on JetStream: GalaxyP Summer
- Workshop presentation slides: Presentation Link
- Workshop documentation: Documentation Link
Galaxy-P platform for multi-omics!
Not just for genomics anymore: Galaxy for multi-omics analysis!!!
Did you think that Galaxy is just for genomic data analysis? Not anymore. Come to this workshop to learn how Galaxy can be used for Mutli-omic data analysis (proteogenomic and metaproteomic) and also applications that cross the ‘omic domains. This hands-on workshop will guide participants through the essential steps for using Galaxy for the analysis of MS-based proteomics data, focusing on protein identification and more advanced multi-omic applications. Workflows from emerging applications integrating genomic and proteomic data (such as proteogenomics and metaproteomics) will also be demonstrated.
In order to extend the reach of these workflows to the greater community, the Galaxy-P team has partnered with both the JetStream cyberinfrastructure resource and Amazon Web Services.
Target Audience: Core directors, personnel, data scientists and researchers interested in proteomics, multi-omics and microbiome research. Previous experience with Galaxy or other informatics solutions is not necessary.
Attendees are encouraged to bring a laptop computer to participate.
1. Introduce the Galaxy framework as a solution for data analysis across ‘omics’ domains.
2. Provide hands-on experience to attendees in using Galaxy.
3. Demonstrate use of Galaxy for a proteogenomic and metaproteomics analysis.
4. Lay the foundation for attendees to implement Galaxy at their own facility or institution to meet ‘omics’ data analysis needs (either specific to one domain or for multi-omics).
Wednesday, June 07, 2017 (5:45 pm - 7:00 pm, Room 135-136)
Introduction to the workshop and Galaxy-P overview (Tim Griffin)
Introduction to JetStream. (Jeremy Fischer)
Introduction to the instance and Proteogenomic Workflow (Tim Griffin / Pratik Jagtap)
Introduction to Metaproteomic Workflow (Pratik Jagtap)
Summary and Conclusion. (Tim Griffin, Pratik Jagtap, and Jeremy Fischer)
- Accessing Proteogenomcis Galaxy instance on JetStream: http://z.umn.edu/proteogenomicsgateway
- Accessing Metaproteomics Galaxy instance on JetStream: http://z.umn.edu/metaproteomicsgateway
Please provide us with your feedback