GCC 2017 Workshop
Galaxy for Proteomics
Wednesday, June 28, 2017 (12:30 pm-3:00 pm)
Instructors: Tim Griffin, Pratik Jagtap, James Johnson and Clemens Blank
Galaxy-P platform for Proteomics!
Not just for genomics anymore: Galaxy for Proteomic analysis
Did you think that Galaxy is just for genomic data analysis? Not anymore. Come to this workshop to learn how Galaxy can be used for Mutli-omic data analysis (proteogenomic and metaproteomic) and also applications that cross the ‘omic domains. This workshop will provide attendees the opportunity to take Galaxy for a ‘test drive’ in analyzing MS-based proteomics data. Attendees will have the opportunity to access a Galaxy instance and a walk through of GalaxyP workflows for proteogenomic and metaproteomic data analysis. An overview of the current state of software available in Galaxy for proteomics and multi-omics applications will also be provided.
Target Audience: Core directors, personnel, data scientists and researchers interested in proteomics, multi-omics and microbiome research. Previous experience with Galaxy or other informatics solutions is not necessary.
Attendees are encouraged to bring a laptop computer to participate.
1. Introduce the Galaxy framework as a solution for data analysis across proteomic domains.
2. Provide hands-on experience to attendees in using Galaxy.
3. Demonstrate use of Galaxy for a proteogenomic and metaproteomics analysis.
4. Lay the foundation for attendees to implement Galaxy at their own facility or institution to meet ‘omics’ data analysis needs (either specific to one domain or for multi-omics).
Wednesday, June 28, 2017 (12:30 pm - 3:00 pm)
Instructions on how to access the resource (30 minutes)
Introduction to Proteomics (1 hour)
Multi-omics Workflows ( 1 hour)
-Proteogenomics Workflow: Used for filtering identified peptides from proteogenomic analyses.
-Metaproteomics Workflow: Used for identifying genera from identified peptides from metaproteomics analysis.
At the end of the workshop, attendees will have working knowledge of MS-based proteomics tools; experience in setting up basic workflows for protein identification, as well as more advanced workflows in proteogenomics and metaproteomics.
- Accessing Proteogenomcis Galaxy instance on JetStream: http://z.umn.edu/proteogenomicsgateway
- Accessing Metaproteomics Galaxy instance on JetStream: http://z.umn.edu/metaproteomicsgateway
Please provide us with your feedback